free hit counter code Iowa DNR raises camping fees at state parks, forests – Freeht.buzz

Iowa DNR raises camping fees at state parks, forests

DES MOINES, Iowa — The cost of enjoying the great outdoors at an Iowa state campground, recreation area, or forest is increasing.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources has raised prices for camping this year for the first time since 2021. The price increase ranges from $1 to $6 per night depending on the park.

DNR officials say the rates were increased slightly to address standard rising operational costs, sales tax, and inflation. The new price points were determined based on each campsite’s amenities, campground occupancy, and rates from comparable public campgrounds like those managed by counties and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

More than 4,400 campsites are available at DNR-managed sites across the state and 75% can be booked ahead of time online through the state’s reservation site. The other 25% of sites are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.

About admin