free hit counter code Kate ‘out & about’ is a sign she’ll be back to public life in no time – it’s a hugely positive step, royal expert says – Freeht.buzz

Kate ‘out & about’ is a sign she’ll be back to public life in no time – it’s a hugely positive step, royal expert says

PRINCESS Kate reportedly being “out and about” is a positive sign she’ll be back to public life in no time, a royal expert has claimed.

The Princess of Wales shocked the nation after revealing she’d been undergoing treatment for cancer in a video address from Windsor on March 22.

The Mega Agency

Prince William has been caring for Princess Kate following her surgery and treatment[/caption]

AP

The couple with their children George, Louis and Charlotte[/caption]

Newspix

Princess Kate with Prince William and their children last Christmas[/caption]

BBC Studios

The Princess of Wales made a video address from a bench in Windsor back in March[/caption]

Kate, 42, said her health battle was a “huge shock” to her following further tests after her abdominal surgery in January.

The mum-of-three said the family now needs “time, space and privacy” while she completes her treatment.

Kate, who is undergoing chemotherapy after the cancer diagnosis, also said she will not be returning to public duties for the foreseeable future.

Her last public sighting was in mid-March, when she and husband Prince William were filmed leaving a farm shop near their Windsor residence.

But sources have since reported that the royal was recently out and about with her family, including kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6.

Now, royal biographer Richard Fitzwilliams has said that these reports show Kate is taking “positive” step in the right direction.

In an exclusive chat with The Sun, Mr Fitzwilliams said: ” I think everyone is obviously hoping that it won’t be too long before she will be undertaking world engagements, but before that happens I would suspect that she would probably be seen, and the fact that we know she’s been seen out and about is is obviously positive.

“I mean, it’s it’s very difficult at a time like this, because, as we know, she has major abdominal surgery and is is undergoing preventative chemotherapy.

“But this is an indication which is favourable and I just hope that things move in the right direction.”

However, the royal biographer suggested that it could be a while before we see Kate attend any royal engagements.

He continued: “I think that very clearly the indication of this particular release of information appears to be positive.

“But what we’re not expecting is, you know, any royal engagements, or anything like that in the foreseeable future.


“Obviously this is something that is substantial and has to be dealt with in a manner that obviously is is approved by her doctors.

“We never know with illness how it develops, and also one of the problems is it’s very difficult, especially for royal planners.

“The diaries are filled quite a period, a long period in advance. So how do you know exactly how well somebody’s going to be at that time, I mean, the answer is that you don’t.”

The Princess of Wales has reportedly continued to receive a deluge of support including “tens of thousands” of get-well-soon cards.

Palace officials are said to be “so touched” however her team are struggling with the quantity of correspondence, reports the Mail.

The Court Post Office normally expects around 1,000 letters a week but the volume has surpassed that since March.

And Mr Fitzwilliams said that this backing would only help her recovery.

The royal biographer added: “There’s been a tremendous amount of support since her video message in March.

“The large number of cards, and so forth, that is charming.”

In her video message, Kate admitted it had been an “incredibly tough couple of months” for her entire family – but was thankful for the messages of support.

Princess Kate’s message in full

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, personally, for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I have been recovering from surgery.

It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful.

In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful.

However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that
treatment.

This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.

As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment.

But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to
George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK.

As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.

Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you.

It means so much to us both. We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.

My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.

At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope.

You are not alone.

Sitting on a bench at Windsor for the poignant clip, the royal went on to thank her husband Prince William for his support.

Her voice also cracked as she said she has broken the news to George, 10, Charlotte, 8, and five-year-old Louis.

It comes as Kate is said to be “excited” by her business taskforce’s new report that claims the UK could reap £45.5billion in economic benefits if firms prioritise early childhood.

She has been following the work of chief executives she convened last year to galvanise business action on the importance of the formative years of a child’s development.

The Royal Foundation Business Taskforce for Early Childhood has produced a report recommending a range of interventions from creating a culture inside and outside firms that prioritises childhood to supporting parents with greater resources and flexibility in the workplace.

Among the eight-member taskforce are the chief executives of IkeaNatWest Group and Deloitte – and their report highlights how the nation could benefit from an estimated £45.5billion.

The report follows the launch of Kate’s long-term campaign Shaping Us in January last year, described as the princess’ “life’s work”, and aimed at highlighting the crucial first five years of a child’s life.

Christian Guy, executive director of the Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, briefed Kate on the new report she has read, and said she was “excited” by the document.

He said: “Shaping Us was about awareness but also for her it’s so important to have action.

Prince William is a pillar of strength for Kate

EXPERT analysis by author and royal expert, Ingrid Seward:

Steadfast when his family needed him, William has proved himself as a man and future monarch of strength and compassion.

While he might not have been present during Kate’s courageous video address — make no mistake, he has been by her side every step of the way.

William has stepped up with school-run duties and provided a “great source of comfort and reassurance” to his wife.

But he has also been a comforting and reassuring presence for the public.

From leading members of the Royal Family at the Commonwealth Day Service to enjoying cheerful banter with youngsters on a youth centre visit, he hasn’t put a foot wrong.

But ultimately he is only human.

To have your father and your wife diagnosed with cancer in such quick succession is heart-shattering.

It’s a remarkable insight into the character of this young man that he has been so incredibly brave.

Theirs is a very private turmoil which has been brought into the public arena by the nature of their roles as future King and Queen.

William must feel the weight of enormous responsibility, both personally and for the monarchy, of which he is now the public face.

But he knows his most important role is that of dad and husband.

He will make that his priority.

This is a distinct difference from the ways of the past, where your royal role came before the role of spouse and parent.

Think back to when the Queen was young.

William’s priority is his family

It was a man’s world then — and she was forced to abandon her children in a way that William is determined not to.

William and Kate waited until the school term was over and their children were home before making their public announcement.

They needed to be prepared.

In this, they will have had the wholehearted support of Charles — who knows what it feels like to be brought up by nannies.

William was also acutely aware of the lack of his own father’s presence in his life, especially when things went wrong.

In 1991, he was accidentally hit over the head with a golf club when he was at school and Diana was having lunch in her favourite restaurant San Lorenzo.

The call came through that William had been bashed on the head and they thought he might die so it was very serious.

Both Charles and Diana rushed down to Ludgrove.

William was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital and then to Great Ormond Street Hospital and Diana went with him.

But ever a man of duty, Charles prioritised his engagements.

William is determined to do things differently.

“So to have eight of the most significant businesses in Britain come forward, make the case to their fellow business leaders is vital – it’s exciting for her and it’s a priority going forward for our centre’s work.”

Mr Guy added: “This is another crucial moment for Her Royal Highness’ early childhood work because its impact, and the work of her Centre for Early Childhood, is rolling on as she recovers.”

A Kensington Palace spokesman stressed the launch did not signal Kate “returning to work”.

They said “…early childhood is a huge priority for the Princess of Wales, and she has been kept fully up to date throughout the process and the development of the task force’s work and she has seen the report…”

TWITTER/PRINCE&PRINCESSOFWALES

The mum-of-three is currently undergoing preventative chemotherapy treatment[/caption]

About admin