free hit counter code Manchester United owners add fourth player to ‘unsellable’ list after FA Cup win – Freeht.buzz

Manchester United owners add fourth player to ‘unsellable’ list after FA Cup win

Manchester United co-owner Jim Ratcliffe during the FA Cup final victory
Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe during the FA Cup final win (Picture: Getty)

Manchester United have added a fourth player to their ‘unsellable’ list ahead of the summer transfer window.

It was reported last month that United’s owners were preparing for a summer overhaul and were open to offers for all but three first-team players.

Manchester United are currently conducting an end-of-season review where a final decision will be made over Erik ten Hag’s future at the club.

Build-up to Saturday’s FA Cup final win was dominated by speculation Ten Hag would be sacked regardless of the outcome of the Wembley showdown.

Manchester United have largely struggled this season, slumping to their lowest-ever Premier League finish and crashing out of the Champions League at the group stage.

But Ten Hag’s side produced a spirited and impressive performance to upset Manchester City in the FA Cup final and lift the trophy for the 13th time in the club’s history.

It remains to be seen whether the surprise 2-1 victory saves Ten Hag his job, with United expressing interest in Ipswich Town boss Kieran McKenna, ex-Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino and free agents Thomas Tuchel and Roberto De Zerbi.

United won the FA Cup in possibly Erik ten Hag's final game in charge
United won the FA Cup in possibly Erik ten Hag’s final game in charge (Picture: Getty)

Manchester United are expected to make significant changes to their squad regardless of Ten Hag’s fate, with the Dutchman recently insisting the club need to make three major signings this summer.

United also want to offload a number of stars, with Rasmus Hojlund, Kobbie Mainoo and Alejandro Garnacho named as the only players deemed off limits in widespread reports from earlier this year.

But the Manchester Evening News say Andre Onana has joined the trio on United’s unsellable list following his encouraging performances in the second-half of the season.

Manchester United will not entertain offers for Andre Onana
Manchester United will not entertain offers for Andre Onana (Picture: Getty)

The Cameroon goalkeeper endured a difficult start to his Premier League career following a £47m move from Ajax last summer but improved as the season went on and made a number of important saves in the FA Cup final, though he was also at fault for Jeremy Doku’s late consolation goal.

In an explosive interview with a Dutch outlet prior to the FA Cup final, Ten Hag said Manchester United needed to strengthen in three areas this summer.

‘We need to sign an extra striker in the summer,’ said Ten Hag. ‘And if we can sign another central midfielder and a replacement for Varane, things will look good again.

‘If the team remains fit we can try and aim for top four again.’

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

About admin